January 6, 2010

Junior's Christmas 2009 Was Delicious!


Junior's Christmas 2009 was delicious! It was nice to spend a couple days with family and good food. Being able to enjoy the holiday locally made it a little easier as well.

A couple weeks have passed since I posted my last blog entry. Sorry about that. Various things, including a lack of spare time, a lack of energy and minor-ish health problems, have kept me away from updating Junior's Eyes as much as I would have liked. That's actually been the case for a few months now.

My having the occasional flare-up of eczema hasn't been sadistically entertaining enough for God. Over the summer, the Lord decided to add wheat to the list of things I'm allergic to. Oh yeah, that's a big one. You wouldn't believe how many things that means giving up!

Keeping the steroid cream on hand, well on both hands actually, is rather expensive. The selection of gluten-free items at the grocery store is probably getting better these days, but it all costs four times as much as the regular versions. The whole idea behind my eating more sandwiches, meatless pasta and other wheat filled food items, was to save some money. Well, that plan didn't work out too well. Anyway ......

I suppose the good part about not being able to eat normal bread, most cookies and cake is that I get to eat more candy. With that in mind, my younger sister Cherie and her family (husband Joe and the boys) included a case of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the Christmas presents they brought up from Fairfax County, VA. I believe my exact words were "This is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten".


Kim is my other sister. She and her family (husband Steve and the girls), the Christmas hosts, live in Harford County, MD as our parents and I do. From that group, my daughter Chelsea and I were smothered in kisses. Get your mind out of the incestial gutter, thank you. Chocolate kisses, mounted on flourless peanut butter cookies. Oh yeah. I couldn't eat a lot of my favorite things, but it was still a tasty Christmas holiday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...