February 19, 2010

Today's Tune: "Ride On" And "Whole Lotta Rosie" By AC/DC


Bon Scott sang "One of these days, I'm gonna change my evil ways ...", but he didn't quite live long enough to do that. The Scottish born Australian lead singer for the hard rhythmic rocking band AC/DC, died on February 19, 1980. Thirty years later, I can still remember how I was left with a broken heart and total disbelief, when I heard the news.

In honor of the truly unique individual that was Bon Scott, with his equally unique voice, the first 'Today's Tune' song for this February 19th is "Ride On" (1976), by AC/DC. The slide-show tribute style video I've chosen includes pieces of different interviews in the last few minutes. Bon discusses the inspiration for the song "Whole Lotta Rosie" (1977), the riggers of long tours, and you can hear and feel his loneliness and depression while he's speaking. The person that put this thing together did a good job.

Since I mentioned "Whole Lotta Rosie", I've decided to include it bonus track. The performance you hear in the video is from the October 16, 1979 Towson Center concert at Towson University, in Towson, MD. I bought a good copy of this bootlegged show on cassette right after it happened. Later, I found out my cousin Keith was sitting on the stage during the concert.



AC/DC - "Ride On" And Bon Scott Interviews



AC/DC - "Whole Lotta Rosie" Live at Towson Center October 16, 1979


Band Members Included:
Bon Scott - Lead Vocals
Angus Young - Lead Guitar
Malcolm Young - Rhythm Guitar
Phil Rudd - Drums
Mark Evans - Bass Guitar on "Ride On"
Cliff Williams - Bass Guitar on "Whole Lotta Rosie" Live in 1979

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...