August 18, 2009

Today's Tune: "Cold As Ice" By Foreigner



Happy birthday to Dennis Elliott (59 years old), English drummer for the band Foreigner from 1976 to 1991. Elliott also played for and recorded albums with If and Ian Hunter. After retiring from the music business, he became a professional sculptor.

I remember running a snowball stand with my two sisters through the summer of 1977 and 1978. Naturally we had a radio playing during the work day. Foreigner released their first album 'Foreigner' just before the summer of '77. The second single from that album was titled "Cold As Ice", and must have been played a thousand times while we sweated our way through those two summers. I know listening to that song playing always cooled me off, so I thought it might help you cool off today. OK, that's a load of ol' ballocks in'it, but you can try it anyway. Maybe you'll have more luck.



Foreigner - "Cold As Ice"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...