April 23, 2008

2008 Post Season Depression

It's going to take a while to get over the Washington Capitals loss in Game 7 last night. I'm so proud of each and every one of these guys. You have to be happy about how far they got this season. However, the reasons for the loss are debatable. They had some good chances to take care of it in the third period that they didn't make count. I just can't blame any of the players. The officiating was obviously the most deserving of blame, if you ask me.

As I said I'm proud of every player on the team. I'd also like to thank the players, owners, GMGM, coaches, staff and the entire Capitals organization for doing such a great job. They all deserved a better fate this season. I can't help but feel sorry for them, especially Olie Kolzig. Hopefully, he'll still be around next season. The good news is that you can be sure the Capitals will be playoff bound for years to come.

The following two songs by Queen are the tunes I reached for after the game. Music is what always gets me through life. I'll hit the sad and bittersweet stuff first. Eventually, I'll work my way up to something more cheerful. Let me know what you are listening to.


Queen - "My Melancholy Blues"


Queen - "Teo Torriatte" (Let Us Cling Together)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...