March 25, 2011

Today's Tune: "Secret" And "I Love You" By Heart


Looking back through the historical events that have happened on a March 25th, one that caught my eye took place in the year of 1306. That was when Robert the Bruce became King of Scotland. While it connects to me Scottish roots, does it connect to any music that I like well enough to post on my blog?

Well, it's a bit of a stretch, but we're going from Robert the Bruce to songwriter and singer Bruce Roberts. Roberts' songs have been recorded by a lot of popular and varied artists, including Jennifer Rush and Elton John ("Flames of Paradise"), Cliff Richard ("We Should Be Together") and Alice Cooper ("Only My Heart Talkin").

For this 'Today's Tune', I'm going with a song cowritten with Franne Golde and recorded by Heart, titled "Secret". This track was released on the Brigade album, and as a single in 19. Since I like the B-side "I Love You" just as much, we will have another two spot today. This track was actually created by Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson, Holly Knight and Albert Hammond.



Heart - "Secret" Official Video

Heart - "Secret" (Possibly better than official video)



Heart - "I Love You"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...