June 9, 2010

Today's Tune: "On Fire" By Van Halen


I was just reminded that it was on this day (June 9th) in 1980 that American comedian and actor Richard Pryor (December 1, 1940 – December 10, 2005) suffered severe burns during an accidental "free-base" explosion.

Maybe it's a little bit sadistic, but I couldn't help but think of Van Halen's 1978 track titled "On Fire". I mean, it just burst into my head. Oops! There I go again. Well, please enjoy our 'Today's Tune', even though this song is about a very different subject matter than what poor old Richard went through.



Van Halen - "On Fire" (1978)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great song from van halen... 1978... great

Dan, Jr. said...

Hard to go wrong, picking a track from one of their first couple albums. Love the "early years" with David Lee Roth. Thanks for stopping by arsene.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...