March 26, 2010

Tony Iommi, Black Sabbath And Heaven & Hell Update


It's been a while since I've posted anything specifically about guitarist Tony Iommi and the guys from Black Sabbath or the Sabbath / Dio fusion band Heaven & Hell. I have included a few updates on singer Ronnie James Dio and his battle against stomach cancer, but you might want to read a little more about Tony, drummer Bill Ward, bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ozzy Osbourne and drummer Vinny Appice too.

I came across an article (with photo above) at BirminghamPost.net that I wanted to share with you metal heads. It's an interview with Tony Iommi from March 12th, just a couple weeks ago, but still would have liked to have pointed it out sooner. Click here to visit the entire article. Meanwhile, read the excerpts below to see if you'd like to read more. I have to warn you, the author loves him some clichés.


They started with news about Tony's mates ...

...Everything was heavenly but then came the ‘hell’ part of the equation. Last November Iommi was forced to take a break for an operation on his hand so 67-year-old Ronnie James Dio arranged a tour with his band, Dio. However, it was suddenly cancelled when the singer was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

Meanwhile, Vinny Appice was forced to have surgery on his shoulder, injured while touring, putting him out of action for five months.

‘‘It sounds like Emergency Ward 10,’’ says Aston-born Tony, who now lives in Lapworth. ‘‘Geezer is the only healthy one at the moment.’’

He has good news on all three casualties, however...



Later on, they got around to Tony himself ...

Tony’s hand is also healing well. The operation, involving stem-cell treatment, was something he’d put off for some time.

‘‘The cartilage between the thumb joints of my right hand, my fret hand, was rubbing, bone to bone. They’ve cured that but the bone’s been pushed back and I’ve been told I may need another operation to pull the bone up. I don’t particularly want to go there because I have a friend, also a guitar player, who had that operation and it all went pear shaped which put me off a bit.’’...



They discuss things other than health issues as well. Again, here's the link to the full story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...