March 26, 2010

Today's Tune: "Don't Try Suicide" By Queen


After a long absence from this blog, today marks the official return of the 'Today's Tune' feature on Junior's Eyes. I use the word official so you know I mean business.

However, that doesn't mean we aren't in for a little bit of whimsical fun. I'm all for being lighthearted and positive, so I chose a track that isn't too terribly serious.

On this day (March 26) in 1999, a jury in the state Michigan found Dr. Jack Kevorkian guilty of second degree murder, for administering a lethal injection to a terminally ill man. Dr. Kevorkian wanted to help people end their suffering, by giving them a professional hand. Strange line of work to get into, I think.

Whilst looking for a subject to link with some music for today, and subsequently reviewing this bit of history, I couldn't help but think of all those people that try suicide totally unassisted. What if you screw it up and end up still alive, but maybe in even worse shape? It would be terribly embarrassing if you couldn't even get killing yourself right.

I think the best advice, when start thinking about snuffing yourself out, can be found in the Queen song, "Don't Try Suicide" (1980). Here it is now, in case you're feeling blue.



Queen - "Don't Try Suicide" (Audio with lyrics)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...