January 23, 2010

Today's Tune: "Junior's Eyes" By Black Sabbath


The 'Today's Tune' for this day is "Junior's Eyes" (1978), by the English heavy metal band Black Sabbath. There are some very big reasons for picking this song today.

I'm not going to link this song to anything of great historical importance. Posting it on this date has nothing to do with anybody's birth date. It's not because someone I admired or was interested in died on this date.

So, just what are my reasons for picking "Junior's Eyes"? Well, it's nothing Earth shattering, really.

The song title matches my blog title, and there's a good reason why. I named my blog after it. After considering many original name ideas, conjured up from words involved in my many different interests, I picked a song title that wouldn't tie me down into any one particular area of subject matter.

Also, after hunting for a good video (live action, audio only, etc.) of the track off and on since I began this blog on December 1, 2007, somebody finally posted one on YouTube recently. Yeah, I know, I should've uploaded the music myself. But, I didn't.

I've got another very good reason for picking today to feature this brilliant Sabbath tune. There wasn't enough time in my day for finding another song, with a quality linking reason for posting it.

Finally, I Love It! It's very different from earlier Black Sabbath records. It actually goes back toward their blues and jazz like roots, from before they started recording albums to be released to the masses.



Black Sabbath - "Junior's Eyes"


Band Members - Original 1978 Recording:

Ozzy Osbourne – Lead Vocals
Tony Iommi – Guitar
Bill Ward – Drums
Geezer Butler – Bass Guitar

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...