December 22, 2009

Today's Tune: "O Mio Babbino Caro" ("Oh My Dear Papa") Performed By Angela Gheorghiu

Portrait photo from AngelaGheorghiu.com

Giacomo Puccini, according to Wikipedia:

Giacomo Antonio Domenico Michele Secondo Maria Puccini (22 December 1858 – 29 November 1924) was an Italian composer whose operas, including La bohème, Tosca, Madama Butterfly and Turandot, are among the most frequently performed in the standard repertoire. [1] [2] Some of his arias, such as "O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicchi, "Che gelida manina" from La bohème, and "Nessun dorma" from Turandot, have become part of popular culture.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To celebrate the birthday of Giacomo Puccini, I offer "O Mio Babbino Caro" ("Oh My Dear Papa") as the 'Today's Tune' for this December 22nd. As mentioned above, it's an aria from Puccini's opera 'Gianni Schicchi'. Other opera singers have done a fine job with this beautiful creation. But, I don't think any have performed it better than the beautiful creation from Romania, soprano opera singer Angela Gheorghiu.



Angela Gheorghiu - "O Mio Babbino Caro" ("Oh My Dear Papa")

2 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

One of the best arias ever written, in my mostly humble opinion. Great post!

I found a new blues album recently The Gentleman is Back by Johnnie Bassett and posted about one of the songs, Nice Guys Finish Last. Really good album of basic blues.

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of hombre who loves to seek different stuff. Right now I am making my personal solar panels. I'm doing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I am utilizing the net as the only path to acheive that. I came across a very brilliant site that explains how to build pv panels and so on. The website explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how precise the information given there is. If some experts over here who had experience with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the page it will be awesome and I'd extremely treasure it, cauze I really like [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U guys are great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...