October 20, 2009

Today's Tune: "Mary Jane's Last Dance"
By Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Tom Petty on concert stage. Photo by Getty Images.

Happy Birthday Tom Petty. American singer, songwriter, musician and actor ('The Postman', King Of The Hill) Tom Petty was born on October 20, 1950 in Gainesville, Florida. He has done some solo work and spent time with other short lived bands (Mudcrutch, Traveling Wilburys), but it's been Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers for most of his musical career.

For our 'Today's Tune', I've selfishly chosen my favorite song by the band, "Mary Jane's Last Dance" (1993). It's got macabre, it's got romance, it's got goth, and it rocks too. I often find myself singing along to this one, when I listen to it. Enjoy.



Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - "Mary Jane's Last Dance"
Yes, the leading lady in this video is Kim Basinger.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...