September 14, 2009

Today's Tune: "Money (That's What I Want)" By The Flying Lizards

Thanks to Cherie for passing along this photo.

When I look back into history at the things that happened on a September 14th, I see a theme for greed. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was founded on this day in 1960, and you know these days that they'll use any stupid little excuse to raise the price of oil. Every time you hear their name on the news, the price of gasoline goes up again. Another event that was very aggravating for baseball fans, and the people that depend on the sport to earn a living, was the 1994 Major League Baseball season being canceled because of a players strike. The first song that pops into my head, when thinking about these kind of historical events, is "Money (That's What I Want)". Though they weren't the first to have success with this 'Today's Tune', the band I remember is The Flying Lizards.



The Flying Lizards - "Money (That's What I Want)"
Homemade, but better than the band's low budget effort.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...