November 22, 2008

Remembering Rodney

Photo from the Rodney Dangerfield online photo album.

Jacob Cohen, better known as Rodney Dangerfield was born on this day (November 22nd) in 1921. He may have had a hard time getting started as a comedian when he was young, but once he got it together, he became a superstar. The funny looking funny man made many appearances on hit TV shows and Movies during his lifetime. I've had a lot of fun doing my impression of Rodney over the years. There are many of his best bits memorized in my puny brain. He had one heck of a wild life before leaving this world on October 5, 2004 due to various health issues. I will always respect you Rodney.



From Rodney's 'I Can't Take It No More' DVD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this tribute on Rodney's birthday. He was such a brilliant man.

JD

Kameron said...

Dangerfield was one of the greats, and always makes me laugh. Back to School is one of the funniest comedies of the '80s, if not all time.

Dan, Jr. said...

I know just how Rodney felt. I mean, I know I'm ugly too. "Are you kiddin'? My dog found out he looked like me ... he hung himself.

Anonymous said...

I hope Dangerfield is getting his due respect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...